Sunday 9 October 2011

Still here...

Sorry have not written for a very long time but we are all still here and well.

I am still gainfully employed although where I am going to be working from is anyone's guess after Christmas. The cuts have cut deep, halving our staff numbers and of course, doubling the work for those who remain. As someone once said, you can only do so much in 8 hours and you do have a job...
That said, I could be moved across the city or into the city centre, no one knows as yet.

Catherine, who has returned from working in Australia, has got herself on a teacher training course with a view to becoming a primary school teacher. She has just landed an evening job at a local bar/restaurant for some spending money. She seems well sorted.

Edward is continuing at college and busy studying for his A levels.

James has now qualified within the RAF and is currently in Italy trying to find The Colonel in Lybia... He and his girlfriend have a house in East Anglia close to his base and they seem very happy.

We all still miss Jane dreadfully but, as you can see we are getting on with our lives in a way that would make her very proud.

Martin

2 comments:

  1. Jane would be so proud of the way you are all coping and getting on with your lives ,though it is obvious you all still miss her, as we do,her sense of humour was such a memory maker ,bless you all ..love Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwww I am so pleased to read a posting here tonight.I only went through my followers list on Saturday and wondered how you were doing.I came here but noticed you hadn't blogged.May God continue to look after you all and even though I didn't know Jane,I am sure Jane or follow her blog,I am happy to read and continue reading you.I found you through Guido,when you lost her.Take Care and Godbless you all.Kath Motherhen xx

    ReplyDelete